SPNGN2 (Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 2) is a five-day instructor-led training course that provides network engineers and technicians the knowledge and skills necessary to implement and support a service provider network. It is associated with the CCNA Service Provider certification. The course provides knowledge of the major components of a service provider network construction and the Cisco service provider IP NGN architecture. The course also includes classroom activities with remote labs that are useful to gain practical skills for deploying Cisco IOS / IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR software features to operate and support service provider networks.
This course is presented using a combination of lecture and lab activities and incorporates all the material a student needs to pass the SPNGN2 exam.
- Exam Number:
- Exam Name:
- Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks Part 2
- CCNA Service Provider
- 5 Days
|Class Date||Class Hours||Location||GTR||Price|
- Comprehensive study materials, including official Cisco courseware
- SPNGN1 (Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1) or equivalent knowledge
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Present a unified view of a service provider network in relation to Cisco IP NGN architecture.
- Implement and verify VLANs and trunking.
- Configure HSRP, VRRP, and GLBP.
- Configure and verify OSPF and IS-IS, and describe MPLS LDP.
- Describe the basics of link state routing protocols.
- Describe the operation and configuration of single area OSPF (including load balancing and authentication)and IS-IS.
- Troubleshoot common issues with single area OSPF and IS-IS.
- Configure basic BGP to enable inter-domain routing in a service provider network.
- Describe ACL and IP address translation.
- Describe the fundamentals of Cisco IOS XR and IOS XE software technology.
Module 1: Service Provider Network Construction
- Lesson 1: Introducing General Service Provider Network Architecture
- Lesson 2: Placing Cisco Hardware Platforms
- Lesson 3: Interconnecting Service Providers
- Lesson 4: Exploring Cisco IP NGN Architecture, Services, and Component Functions
Module 2: Advanced LAN Switching
- Lesson 1: Implementing VLANs and Trunks
- Lesson 2: Implementing Spanning Tree
- Lesson 3: Configuring Routing Between VLANs
- Lesson 4: Introducing First Hop Redundancy Protocols
Module 3: Internal Service Provider Traffic Forwarding
- Lesson 1: Introducing Link State Routing Protocols
- Lesson 2: Implementing OSPF
- Lesson 3: Implementing IS-IS M
- Lesson 4: Introducing Route Redistribution M
- Lesson 5: Introducing MPLS Basics
Module 4: External Service Provider Routing
- Lesson 1: Introducing BGP
- Lesson 2: Understanding BGP Path Attributes
- Lesson 3: Establishing BGP Sessions
- Lesson 4: Processing BGP Routes
- Lesson 5: Configuring Basic BGP
Module 5: ACL and IP Address Translation
- Lesson 1: Applying Access Control Lists
- Lesson 2: Implementing Advanced Address Translation
- Lesson 3: Transitioning to IPv6
Module 6: Cisco IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR Software
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco IOS XR Software Architecture and Features
- Lesson 2: Explaining Software Maintenance Operations on Cisco IOS XR and Cisco IOS XE software
- Lesson 3: Explaining Configuration Management with Cisco IOS XR software
- Lesson 4: Installing Cisco IOS XR software from Scratch
- Configure Advanced Switching
- Configure Inter-VLAN Routing and Gateway Redundancy
- Implement IS-IS
- Configure Basic BGP
- Implement ACLs