Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS) v1.0 is a five-day instructor-led training course that is part of the curriculum path leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification. It is designed to prepare security engineers with the knowledge and hands-on experience to prepare them to configure Cisco perimeter edge security solutions utilizing Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Firewalls.
The goal of the course is to provide students with foundational knowledge and the capabilities to implement and manage security on Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco Routers with the firewall feature set, and Cisco Switches. The student will gain hands-on experience with configuring various perimeter security solutions for mitigating outside threats and securing network zones. At the end of the course, students will be able to reduce the risk to their IT infrastructures and applications using Cisco Switches, Cisco ASA and Router security appliance feature and provide detailed operations support for these products.
- Exam Number:
- Exam Name:
- Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions
- CCNP Security
- Comprehensive study materials, including official Cisco courseware
- Remote lab access
- A valid CCNA Security certification is recommended.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and implement Cisco modular Network Security Architectures such as SecureX and TrustSec.
- Deploy Cisco Infrastructure management and control plane security controls.
- Configure Cisco layer 2 and layer 3 data plane security controls.
- Implement and maintain Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Network Address Translations (NAT).
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software NAT.
- Design and deploy Cisco Threat Defense solutions on a Cisco ASA utilizing access policy and application and identity-based inspection.
- Implement Botnet Traffic Filters.
- Deploy Cisco IOS Zone-Based Policy Firewalls (ZBFW).
- Configure and verify Cisco IOS ZBFW Application Inspection Policy.
Module 1: Cisco Secure Design Principles
- Lesson 1: Network Security Zoning
- Lesson 2: Cisco Module Network Architecture
- Lesson 3: Cisco SecureX Architecture
- Lesson 4: Cisco TrustSec Solutions
Module 2: Implement Network Infrastructure Protection
- Lesson 1: Introducing Cisco Network Infrastructure Architecture
- Lesson 2: Deploying Cisco IOS Control Plane Security Controls
- Lesson 3: Deploying Cisco IOS Management Plane Security Controls
- Lesson 4: Deploying Cisco ASA Management Plane Security Controls
- Lesson 5: Deploying Cisco Traffic Telemetry Methods
- Lesson 6: Deploying Cisco IOS Layer 2 Data Plane Security Controls
- Lesson 7: Deploying Cisco IOS Layer 3 Data Plane Security Controls
Module 3: Deploying NAT on Cisco IOS and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA)
- Lesson 1: Introducing Network Address Translation
- Lesson 2: Deploying Cisco ASA Network Address Translation
- Lesson 3: Deploying Cisco IOS Software Network Address Translation
Module 4: Deploying Threat Controls on Cisco ASA
- Lesson 1: Introducing Cisco Threat Controls
- Lesson 2: Deploying Cisco ASA Basic Access Controls
- Lesson 3: Deploying Cisco ASA Application Inspection Policies
- Lesson 4: Deploying Cisco ASA Botnet Traffic Filtering
- Lesson 5: Deploying Cisco ASA Identity Based Firewall
Module 5: Deploying Threat Controls on Cisco IOS Software
- Lesson 1: Deploying Cisco IOS Software with Basic Zone-Based Firewall Policies
- Lesson 2: Deploying Cisco IOS Software Zone-Based Firewall with Application Inspection Policies
- Lab 1: Configure Cisco Policy Protection (CPP) and Management Plane Protection (MPP)
- Lab 2: Configure Traffic Telemetry Methods
- Lab 3: Configure Layer 2 Data Plane Security
- Lab 4: Configure Layer 3 Data Plane Security
- Lab 5: Configure NAT on Cisco ASA Firewall
- Lab 6: Configure NAT on Cisco IOS Software
- Lab 7: Configure Cisco ASA Access Policy
- Lab 8: Configure Cisco ASA Application Inspection Policy
- Lab 9: Configure Cisco ASA Botnet Traffic Filter
- Lab 10: Configure Cisco ASA Identity Based Firewall
- Lab 11: Configure Cisco IOS Software Zone-Based Firewall (ZBFW)
- Lab 12: Configure Cisco IOS Software ZBFW Application Inspection Policy
In addition to validating your IT skills and networking training, Cisco Certifications are a must for certain IT positions.
- DoD Mandate: The DoD Directive 8570.01-M mandates all government personnel, civilians, and contractors with privileged access working on networks are required to receive industry IT certifications.
- CNSS/NSA 4013: Cisco CCSP and CCNP Security courses meet the CNSS training standard.
- By being 4013 compliant, the Cisco Security certification program ensures that certified network security professionals assisting federal agencies and private sector entities understand what is required to protect information and aid in the defense of the nation’s vital information resources.