Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions (SITCS) v1.0 is a newly created five-day instructor-led training course, which is part of the curriculum path leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification. It is designed to prepare security engineers with the knowledge and hands-on experience so that they can deploy Cisco's Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) as well as Web Security, Email Security and Cloud Web Security.
The goal of the course is to provide students with foundational knowledge and the capabilities to implement and manage security on Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) firewalls utilizing Cisco Next Generation product solution, which integrates Cisco Prime Security Manager for managing identity policies. The student will gain hands-on experience with configuring various advanced Cisco security solutions for mitigating outside threats and securing traffic traversing the firewall. At the end of the course, students will be able to reduce the risk to their IT infrastructures and applications using Cisco’s Next Generation Firewall security appliance feature and provide operational support for Intrusion Prevention Systems, Email Security and Web based security appliances.
- Exam Number:
- Exam Name:
- Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions
- CCNP Security
- Comprehensive study materials, including official Cisco courseware
- Remote lab access
A valid CCNA Security certification is recommended.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW).
- Deploy Cisco Web Security appliance to mitigate malware.
- Configure Web Security appliance for acceptable use controls.
- Configure Cisco Cloud Web Security Connectors.
- Describe Cisco Email Security Solution.
- Configure Cisco Email Appliance Incoming and Outgoing Policies.
- Describe Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) Threat Controls.
- Configure and Implement Cisco IPS Sensor into a Network.
CCNP Security 300-207 SITCS Training Course Outline
- Course Introduction
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) (CX) Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW ) Services
- Cisco Web Security Appliance
- Cisco Cloud Web Security
- Cisco Email Security Appliance
- Cisco Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Lab 1: Exploring Cisco ASA (CX) NGFW and PRSM
- Lab 2: Configuring Cisco ASA (CX) NGFW Access Policy
- Lab 3: Configuring Cisco ASA (CX) NGFW Identity Policy
- Lab 4: Configuring Cisco ASA (CX) NGFW Decryption Policy Lab
- Lab 5: Configuring Cisco Web Security Appliance
- Lab 6: Configuring Cisco Cloud Web Security Connector on AnyConnect and ISR G2
- Lab 7: Configuring Basic Cisco Email Security Mail Policies
- Lab 8: Configuring Cisco Basic Cisco IPS Settings
- Lab 9: Tuning Cisco IPS Signatures and Anomaly Detection
Military RequirementsIn addition to validating your IT skills and networking training, Cisco Certifications are a must for certain IT positions.
- DoD Mandate: The DoD Directive 8570.01-M mandates all government personnel, civilians, and contractors with privileged access working on networks are required to receive industry IT certifications.
- CNSS/NSA 4013: Cisco CCSP and CCNP Security courses meet the CNSS training standard.
- By being 4013 compliant, the Cisco Security certification program ensures that certified network security professionals assisting federal agencies and private sector entities understand what is required to protect information and aid in the defense of the nation’s vital information resources.