WITSHOOT (Troubleshooting Cisco Wireless Enterprise Networks) Training is a three-day class which provides the network professional with the knowledge of troubleshooting and optimizing enterprise wireless infrastructure and related services. It also provides the tools and methodologies needed to identify and resolve client connectivity, performance, and RF issues.
- Exam Number:
- Exam Name:
- Troubleshooting Cisco Wireless Enterprise Networks
- CCNP Wireless
- Comprehensive study materials and official Cisco courseware
PrerequisitesIt is recommended, but not required, that students complete the following exams:
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1)
- Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Fundamentals (WIFUND)
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Cisco Identity Services Engine
- Metageek Channelizer Software
- Voice Signaling Protocol
- Basic QoS
- Application Visibility and Control
- LAN switching
Course ObjectivesUpon completion of the course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Describe troubleshooting methodologies.
- Troubleshoot AP joining issues.
- Troubleshoot client connectivity issues.
- Identify and locate RF interferences.
- Troubleshoot client performance issues.
- Identify common wired infrastructure issues based on the output from common troubleshooting tools.
- Troubleshoot WLC and AP high availability issues.
- Module 1: Identify Common Troubleshooting Approaches
- Module 2: Identify Wireless Infrastructure Issues
- Module 3: Identify Core Wireless Infrastructure Issues
- Module 4: Identify Wireless Security Issues