Earning CompTIA's Network+ certification increases your value in the marketplace by providing proof of your knowledge, skills, and ability to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install, operate, and configure a basic network infrastructure in a vendor-neutral format. Our CompTIA Network+ Certification Prep Course allows you to demonstrate the concepts covered on the Network+ exam using a sophisticated remote lab environment. Work through several practice exams to reinforce your knowledge and gain essential networking skills in labs featuring networking devices such as routers, switches, access points, and others.
- Exam Number:
- Exam Name:
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Network+
- Boson ExSim-Max for CompTIA Network+
- Exam Voucher Exam review sessions
- Practice test questions
- Basic Windows end-user computer skills
- CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent skills and knowledge
- Explain the purposes and uses of ports and protocols.
- Explain devices, applications, protocols, and services at their appropriate OSI layers.
- Explain the concepts and characteristics of routing and switching.
- Given a scenario, configuring the appropriate IP addressing components.
- Given a scenario, comparing and contrasting the characteristics of network topologies, types, and technologies.
- Given a scenario, implementing the appropriate wireless technologies and configurations.
- Given a scenario, summarizing cloud concepts and their purposes.
- Given a scenario, explaining the functions of network services.
- Given a scenario, deploy the appropriate cabling solution.
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate placement of networking devices on a network and install/configure them.
- Explain the purposes and use cases for advanced networking devices.
- Describe the purposes of virtualization and network storage technologies.
- Given a scenario, comparing and contrasting WAN technologies.
- Given a scenario, use appropriate documentation and diagrams to manage the network.
- Comparing and contrasting business continuity and disaster recovery concepts.
- Explain common scanning, monitoring, and patching processes and summarize their expected outputs.
- Given a scenario, use remote access methods.
- Given a scenario, identifying policies and best practices.
- Summarize the purposes of physical security devices.
- Explain authentication and access controls.
- Given a scenario, secure a basic wireless network.
- Given a scenario, summarize common networking attacks.
- Given a scenario, implementing network device hardening.
- Given a scenario, explaining common mitigation techniques and their purposes.
Network Troubleshooting and Tools
- Explaining the network troubleshooting methodology.
- Given a scenario, using the appropriate tool.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common wired connectivity and performance issues.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common wireless connectivity and performance issues.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common network service issues.
Certification Exam Review
- Exam Structure
- Exam Registration Process
- Time Management
- Topics and Concepts
- CompTIA Certification Question Structure
- Vendor Interpretation Techniques