CIVND Parts 1 and 2 Training
The CIVND 1 & 2 (Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices) course will help you prepare for the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Collaboration certification. This course includes a combination of self-paced (CIVND1) and classroom (CIVND2) learning for optimal instruction.
Part 1 of Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices v1.0 (self-paced portion) provides you with the necessary knowledge to describe characteristics of Cisco video solutions and assess the requirements for a successful implementation of a video solution. The course describes the characteristics of a video solution and enables you to evaluate the general requirements for video deployments such as codec options, media formats, protocols, network impact, high-level architectural components, interactions, and requisites to the environment.
Part 2 of Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices v1.0 (classroom portion) is designed to provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to implement various Cisco video endpoints in converged Cisco video infrastructures. It will describe Cisco Business Video solutions and enable you to implement and troubleshoot Cisco Unified Communication and Collaboration, TelePresence and Digital Media Player (DMP) in different Cisco Business Video solution architectures. The CIVND course is one of two components in the CCNA Collaboration curriculum.
The software applications that are covered in this course include:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence
- Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server
- Cisco TelePresence Multipoint Controller Unit
- Cisco TMS Server
- Exam Number:
- Exam Name:
- Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices
- CCNA Collaboration, Cisco Video Network Specialist
- Comprehensive study materials, including official Cisco courseware, and Boson's ExSim-Max for Cisco CIVND 210-065 practice exams.
- Remote lab access
- Working knowledge of basic IP networking
- Knowledge of video conferencing and streaming fundamentals
- A valid CCNA certification or higher Cisco certification is recommended.
Course ObjectivesAfter completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe Cisco Business Video components and architectures.
- Implement Cisco Collaboration endpoints.
- Implement Cisco TelePresence endpoints.
- Implement multipoint conferencing on Cisco collaboration endpoints.
- Implement Cisco DMP endpoints.
CIVND Part 1
Module 1: Video Conferencing and Streaming Fundamentals
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Video and Video Applications
- Lesson 2: Video Technology Basics
- Lesson 3: Video Protocols and Media
- Lesson 4 Functional Components of Video Infrastructures
- Lesson 5: Network Requirements of Video Solutions
- Lesson 6: Cisco Video Solution Architecture Overview
Module 2: Cisco TelePresence Endpoint Environmental Requirements and Installation
- Lesson 1: Environmental Requirements for Video Installations
- Lesson 2: Installing Cisco TelePresence Endpoints and Profile Systems
CIVND Part 2
Module 1: Cisco Business Video Solutions
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco Video and Content Delivery
- Lesson 2: Describing Cisco Video Surveillance
- Lesson 3: Describing Cisco Collaboration
- Lesson 4: Discovering Central Collaboration Endpoint Control Elements
Module 2: Cisco Unified IP Phones, Collaboration Desk Endpoints, and Cisco Jabber
- Lesson 1: Describing and Installing Cisco Unified IP Phones, Collaboration Desk Endpoints, and Cisco Jabber
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco Unified IP Phones and Cisco Jabber
- Lesson 3: Operating and Troubleshooting Cisco Unified IP Phones and Cisco Jabber
Module 3: Cisco TelePresence Endpoints
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco TelePresence Endpoint Characteristics and Installation
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco TelePresence CTS Software-Based and Cisco DX650 Endpoints
- Lesson 3: Configuring Cisco TelePresence TC Software-Based Endpoints
- Lesson 4: Operating and Troubleshooting Cisco TelePresence Endpoints
Module 4: Multipoint Conferencing
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco Multipoint Conferencing Solutions
- Lesson 2: Configuring and Monitoring Cisco Multipoint Conferencing
Module 5: Cisco Digital Media Players
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco DMP Characteristics and Installation
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco DMPs
- Lesson 3: Managing Cisco Edge 340 DMPs
- Discovery 1: Verify Collaboration Endpoint Registration Status on Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Discovery 2: Verify Collaboration Endpoint Registration Status on Cisco VCS
- Discovery 3: Install Cisco Jabber Client Software
- Discovery 4: Erase Trust Files
- Discovery 5: Dialed Number Analyzer
- Discovery 6: View WEI on Windows 7
- Discovery 7: Reset the Cisco DX650 to Factory Defaults
- Discovery 8: Reset Cisco TelePresence SX20 Quick Sets to Factory Defaults
- Discovery 9: Connect the Cisco TelePresence Touch
- Discovery 10: Use the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Phonebook
- Discovery 11: View Cisco TelePresence TC Software-Based Endpoint System Information
- Discovery 12: Collect Event Logs
- Discovery 13: Collect SIP and H.323 Logs on a Cisco TelePresence TC Software-Based Endpoint
- Discovery 14: Verify Cisco TMS IP Connectivity, Version, Licenses, and Routing Setup
- Discovery 15: Verify Cisco TelePresence MCU IP Connectivity, Service Status, and Media Ports
- Discovery 16: Connecting Cisco DMP Peripherals
- Discovery 17: Cisco DMP Factory Reset
- Discovery 18: Cisco Edge 340 DMP Configuration Management
- Lab 1: Implement Cisco Collaboration Endpoints
- Lab 2: Operate and Troubleshoot Cisco Collaboration Endpoints
- Lab 3: Implement Cisco Desktop Collaboration Experience DX650 Endpoints
- Lab 4: Implement Cisco TelePresence TC Software-Based Endpoints
- Lab 5: Implement Multipoint Calls on Cisco Collaboration Endpoints
- Lab 6: Implement the Cisco Edge 340 DMP
- Lab 7: Use Appspace to Manage a Cisco Edge 340 DMP (Instructor-Led Demo)