55107: Managing Projects with Project Server 2013
Managing Projects with Project Server 2013 is a two-day training course that teaches you to build an easy-to-maintain and reusable work schedule for team members and partners. Managing task status and evaluate the work schedule in terms of time, man-hours, tasks, budgets on demand. Also would like to improve effective project team communication and collaboration.
- Exam Number:
- Exam Name:
- Managing Programs and Projects with Project Server 2013
- MCP, Microsoft Specialist
- 2 Days
|Class Date||Class Hours||Location||GTR||Price|
- Create a project plan with MS Project and publish to MS Project Server 2013/Project Server Online
- Managing project task
- Managing project tasks resources
- Reporting status
- Generating project reports
Module 1: Understanding Projects and Project Management
This module explains the basic elements of project and what is the common tasks to perform when managing a project.
- Lesson 1: What is a Project?
- Lesson 2: Determining Project Objectives
- Lesson 3: The Project Triangle
- Lesson 4: Optimize the Schedule
- Lesson 5: Introduction to Project Site
Module 2: Create a new Project
This module explains how to create a new project with MS Project 2013 and publish it to Project site.
- Lesson 1: Understand MS Project
- Lesson 2: Define the Project Scope
- Lesson 3: Create a Project
- Lesson 4: Overview of Project calendars
Module 3: Managing Project Task
This module explains how to manage project tasks in the project. Also explain the considerations for creating work breakdown schedule (WBS).
- Lesson 1: Defining WBS
- Lesson 2: Entering task information into project
- Lesson 3: Create milestone and timeline
- Lesson 4: Using Dependencies
Module 4: Managing Project Resources
This module explains how to manage project resources in MS Project. This module also describe the concept of centralized resources pool with Project Server.
- Lesson 1: Defining Resources
- Lesson 2: Assigning Resources to Task
- Lesson 3: Estimating Project Cost
- Lesson 4: Resources leveling
Module 5: Using Timesheet
This module explains how to report project task status from project member prospective. This module also describe the configuration tasks for enabling timesheet.
- Lesson 1: Understanding timesheet
- Lesson 2: Configuring timesheet
- Lesson 3: Completing timesheet
Module 6: Managing Issues and Risks
This module explains how to manage issue and risk with Project Site. This also explain the basis of project issues and risks.
- Lesson 1: Understanding Issue
- Lesson 2: Understanding Risk
- Lesson 3: Managing Issue and Risk in Project Site
Module 7: Project Reporting
This module explains how to use project report and project site report to understand the project status.
- Lesson 1: Using Project Report
- Lesson 2: Using Project Server Report
- Lesson 3: Building Custom report with Excel
- Understanding Project Site
- Create a new project
- Managing Project Resources
- Managing Project Resources
- Using timesheet
- Managing Issues and Risks
- Project Reporting